CareerBuilder revealed the results of their annual poll to discover the craziest lies people have told to get out of work.
Here are the top 5:
1. The ozone in the air flattened my tires.
2. My pressure cooker exploded and scared my sister, so I had to stay home.
3. I had to attend the funeral of my wife’s cousin’s pet because I am an uncle and pallbearer.
4. I was blocked in by police raiding my home.
5. I had to testify against a drug dealer, and the dealer’s friend mugged me.
Read the rest of the list at My Dayton Daily News.